Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beach walk

Facebook inspiration lead to a virtual 5k today. I didn't measure my miles but I know it was 1.3 miles to the heart of Huntington Beach and 1.3 back. While at the beach I walked up and down for a while and am sure I covered my 3.1 miles. 

I passed a very tan good looking older man sitting on his porch. He was the epitome of  a California surfer and I'm pretty sure he knew he was a very tan good looking man, however I imagine he would not agree to the older adjective. I walked in a tank top and worn out and dirty yoga pants. Worn out from age and dirty from traveling. As I returned his greeting I cinched my jacket around my waist tighter, hoping my top was sufficiently covering my Mommy Medal. You know, the pooch you're left with after successfully carrying two children full term. I decided I didn't care what this unknown surfer thought about me and realistically he was just saying hello, not asking me to be the cover model for his very good looking older surfer man magazine. I wouldn't mind being an assistant on that shoot however.

The younger generation of life guards were being trained while the regulars conditioned their toned physiques. I saw young Mitch Buchannons but luckily no CJ Parkers. Can you tell I've spent time in my life watching Baywatch?

Watched surfers young and old ride out into the ocean, all wearing their black wet suits and all in healthy shape. It's very easy to tell when your outfit is suctioned to your body.

While walking away from the beach, I imagined the salt on my lips was from the Pacific Ocean breeze and not the sweat from my long yet enjoyable walk.

1 comment:

  1. Gclub 69 Faith from the user.

    Sbobet It is a website for the service of playing games, Internet network. Online gambling is the best online gambling in Thailand. We have over 500 online gambling games, including live betting. Electronic Gaming Network and Internet Games
    We are the online gambling service provider that has earned the consumer's trust in Thailand. And is playing now. Our site is located at Poipet, Cambodia. It is protected under the laws of Cambodia. We have been operating for over 10 years and our Gclub 69 is well known in the online gambling community across Asia. We have a lot to offer.
    Welcome bonus for new members. 100% of the top up to open a minimum 400 baht maximum of 6000 baht. Do not wait, we have a team of trained practitioners to cultivate. Good service to all 24 hours at the site. คาสิโน

    ReplyDelete